The first step to operating with cryptocurrencies is to have a wallet address.
In the following figure, you can see the portfolio view. Highlighted, you can find the Add Wallet button. This button gives access to the private/public keys generation (it is not a generation but a deterministic calculation from the random seed). This wallet address (equivalent to the private/public keys) is done inside the HASHWallet Link card (in the Secure Element), and the private keys never go outside.
The calculation process is:
- The user presses the Add Wallet button.
- Now, the user can see the coins list. You can scroll through the list or use the search option to select the coin for the wallet.
- A name for the wallet appears automatically, but you can change it now or at any moment.
- Finally, as everything happens inside the card, the final step is to put the card close to the smartphone NFC antenna, and through NFC communication, the HASHWallet Manager app will ask the card for this calculation.
- The public key is sent to the HASHWalLet Manager so you can see and use it.
You already have your wallet. Now you can use it for the next step.
Can you generate as many wallets as you want?
The answer is yes, you can have a wallet without limits, but nowadays, we do not let create a new wallet address without some transaction in the previous ones.
The receiving process needs to know your wallet address. First press over the "Receive" button (next figure) and your address in a plane and QR format appears on the screen. Here you have three options.
- Show the QR to somebody close to you, in this case she can scan the code for sending (next paragraph).
- You can copy the public address and send it as you prefer.
- Or finally you can share your address using the option provided by your phone.
The sending process starts as the receiving one, but you must press the send button. Now the following screen will appear.
- Introduce the destination address. To do that, you can
- Scan the QR code if the receiving person is close to you.
- Copy the destination address from an email, WhatsApp, Telegram, or whatever.
- Press Add amount
- A numeric keyboard appears; now you must introduce the amount and press continue.
- Now you can check if the operation is correct and the network fees. If everything is ok, press ACCEPT WITH HASHWALLET.
- Place your Card close to the phone and hold it.
All is done; congratulations.